What Is IIS?
It is a Web Server software created by Microsoft which is designed for hosting websites. It can be used in a standard Html page and dynamic pages like PHP pages and ASP.NET applications.To dig deeper with the definition of IIS and its history you can refer to Wikipedia.org for full details.
If you are working in a project and you want to show your progress to one of your team member in a network you might need to use IIS. Below are instructions on how to enable IIS on Windows 10.
- Go to your control panel. You can use start Menu then search for Control Panel then select Control panel from the search result. Use the image below for your reference.
- You can also use Run by holding window button from your keyboard and pressing R key then type keyword Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel Window select Uninstall program.
- From the Installed Updates window click on the Turn Windows feature on or off link from the left pane.
- Windows feature window should pop-up, scroll down and search for Internet Information Services (IIS).Expand Internet Information Services and select option as shown in the image below.
- Wait for windows to enable your Local IIS.
- To verify if it is successfully enable, go to start menu and type IIS and select Internet information Services (IIS) as the image shown below.
- Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
You’re done! Your Internet Information Service or IIS is successfully enabled. You can now start hosting your ASP.Net Web Applications from your local IIS.
Post you may like: