SOLVED: An unexpected error occurred in the .NET Framework Data Provider for MySQL

If you are here I’m expecting that you encountered same problem as mine. I was transferring a DataSet file to another solution in Visual Studio 2013 and i got this error “An unexpected error occurred in the .Net Framework Data Provider for MySQL”. I don’t really know what was causing the problem. So I did some searching and found out a way to solved this.

.NET Framework Data Provider

Let’s Start:

First, Open regedit by simply opening run command and typing regedit to open registry editor.

.NET Framework Data Provider

Second, Navigate to this location

  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\DataProviders

Third, Rename the sub key which Default value reads .NET Framework Data Provider for MySQL or .NET Framework Data Provider for OracleIn my case it is ({8F5C5018-AE09-42cf-B2CC-2CCCC7CFC2BB}.This step backup sub key incase anything goes wrong.

.NET Framework Data Provider

Lastly, close registry editor and reopen your project.Hopefully it fixed your problem like as mine.

.NET Framework Data Provider

Happy Coding!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *