How to Create Database using Visual Studio 2013(SQL Server)
How to Create Database
– Creating a Database is very common things in most of the developers, however for a beginner like me creating one is a bit of a struggle, especially if you are just starting to learn and understand programming. So I decided to create a simple instruction to share what I learn in different ways on how to access SQL Servers. If you are using Visual Studio as your development environment, it might be familiar to you if we are going to use Visual Studio SQL object Explorer to browse for the database. If not, let me guide you using simple instruction written below.
1. First Open Visual Studio and go to View->SQL Server Object Explorer
2. By default SQL Object Explorer contains available SQL server. You can also add Server by simply clicking on the icon with a plus sign located at the topmost part of your SQL Server Object Explorer
3. After clicking on the add server icon, a dialog box will show. Input server name to add the server to your Object explorer. You can use Windows authentication for authentication type, however if you set a password for your server, you might need to input valid credentials for your authentication.
4. Image below is my local server I added in my SQL Server Object Explorer.
5. Add database to your server, expand your server and right click on Database folder then Select Add New Database. See image below.
How to Create Database
6. Create Database window will pop-up. Name your database to your likings.
7. Creating a Table. Navigate again to your SQL server, expand Database folder and under your Database right click on the Table
8. A new window should be open in the middle pane containing default id column which is set to primary.
9. Set id to auto increment by highlighting the id column and going to properties located just below your solution explorer. Expand Identity Specification and set (Is Identity) to true.
10. Now go back to the middle pane and add additional column we need for our table.
11. To save changes you made to your table click on update button located above your table design then click Update Database on the next pop-up window which is the image below.
12. To see if table is successfully created go to your SQL Server Object Explorer and expand your database and go under Table If you haven’t see your table yet right click on your database an click refresh.
13. You can also view table data by right-clicking on your table and selecting View Data
14. And in the middle pane, you can see available data for your table.
Thank you for reading!!
Post you may like: